Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Join us in Ann Arbor for the fifth annual Accessibility Summit, a full-day online conference with six experts on web accessibility, presented by Environments for Humans. Learn about accessibility as it relates to HTML5, PDFs, evaluation tools, modern web apps, and more.
Umich folk and web professionals in the S.E. Michigan area.
Michigan League, Michigan Room (second floor)
911 N. University Ave.
Tuesday, September 9, 2014 from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM (EDT)
Attend all day — or only the sessions that you are interested in.
Free, courtesy of the Office for Institutional Equity and University of Michigan Library. Sign up early to reserve your space. Though the event is free, registration is required in order to plan refreshments and observe the fire code. Do not register at the at the Environments for Humans site to attend this group viewing.
Tentative Speaker Schedule
- 10:00am: Accessibility for UX? by Elle Waters, Web Accessibility Evangelist at Simply Accessible
- 11:00am: HTML5 Accessibility by Becky Gibson, Senior Technical Staff Member in IBM's Emerging Internet Technologies Group
- Noon: PDF Accessibility by Denis Boudreau, Senior Web Accessibility Consultant at Deque
- 1:00pm to 2:00pm: Lunch (on your own)
- 2:00pm Using Free & Low Cost Accessibility Tools by Sharron Rush, Executive Director of Knowbility
- 3:00pm Modern Accessibility for Modern Web Apps by Patrick Fox, Front-end web architect at Razorfish
- 4:00pm: Accessibility Challenges in Complex Web Applications by Shawn Lauriat, Software Engineer at Google
- While this is a two-day event, we are hosting a viewing for the first day only.
- Arrive early to claim your seat and enjoy the free continental breakfast; the morning session begins promptly at 10:00AM.
- Free wifi will be available.
- You are responsible for your own lunch (one hour lunch break). Lunch is available at the League and from several restaurants within walking distance. There will be afternoon snacks and pop.
- Please contact Scott Williams (email@example.com) if you have questions.
Hope to see you there!!